Friday 24 July 2015

My Mac Lipstick Collection


Hello everyone! Apologies for the hiatus in posting, my life has been extremely busy between studying for the driver theory test (I passed!), working (yes that happened too!), babysitting my niece and visiting my dad in hospital and honestly, I've drawn blank for ideas for the blog. But I'm back and (hopefully) better than ever!

Every makeup lover has a piece of makeup they're partial to, whether they like it or not. Mine is a good lipstick. My weakness in particular is Mac's range of lipsticks! My love affair with Mac is so prominent in my life that I did a project on the company for my French lectures this year (86% holla!!!!) I have been obsessed ever since I got my first Mac lipstick a couple of years ago and now I make it a mission to buy a new one if I'm ever near a store that sells them. Unlike bigger makeup lovers, my collection is small in comparison but I love them all equally.


Here's some swatches of the lipsticks, I'll also include individual ones in this post too along with how they look like on me. (Beware, many selfies up ahead!)

PLEASE ME
Please Me will always have a special place in my heart as the first Mac lipstick I ever owned. It's a rosy toned pink that is so versatile, I feel that you can get away with wearing it for just every day wear or for a special occasion. It's a matte formula but I don't find it or any of the other mattes I own to be too drying on my lips. It stays really well, I can't go on enough about how much I love Please Me (and my sisters love it on me too, bonus!) I would recommend this to any Mac lover who wants to add to their collection.


VELVET TEDDY
Velvet Teddy is another shade I love for every day use. This shade has gained quite a reputation as of late thanks to Kylie Jenner and her plumped up lips which has made the shade increasingly hard to find in Mac stores and online! Velvet Teddy is another matte formula and is a dark nude tone. I find this shade doesn't last as long on the lips as my other shades but it's probably because it's a lighter shade than the rest. I still adore this shade though!


VEGAS VOLT
Vegas Volt is a coral, pink toned shade and is my only Mac lipstick that isn't matte! It's amplified formula, and it applies like a dream on my lips because of how creamy it is! Vegas Volt is perfect for summer, I feel like I definitely couldn't get away with wearing this shade during the winter. It lasts well on the lips but you would need to reapply it after eating or drinking.


MEHR
The famous Mehr - at least on this blog - makes its return again! I realize I have mentioned Mehr in every post on this blog so far, can you tell I love it? Mehr is medium blue-ish pink and is a matte formula. I love this shade as it is also quite versatile, although I tend to reach for it when I'm applying my makeup for work. Mehr reminds me of a mix between Please Me and Velvet Teddy and it definitely seems like another Kylie Jenner-esque shade (can we please coin this term?) but I'm lucky to have picked it up.


ALL FIRED UP
All Fired Up is one of my all time favourite lipsticks! It's a retro matte formula though, so it's definitely harder to apply to the lips, so you would need to apply some lip balm beforehand. It's a red-ish fuschia and is my go-to when I'm going out with friends for drinks. I find it goes with just about every outfit for a night out! Unlike the rest of my collection, I find I need to apply a lip-liner with it for it to look nice on me as it define my lack of upper lip without it! My lip-liner of choice is No7's Precision Lips Pencil in the shade Raspberry which is nearly an exact match for All Fired Up.


PINK PIGEON
Pink Pigeon is another matte formula (shocking I know!) and is a very - and I mean very! - bright fuschia pink. The picture doesn't do it justice because it is very bright indeed! The staying power on this is great but I don't have the balls to wear it every day so I save it for going out when I'm not using All Fired Up. This shade is great if you want to brighten up a dull outfit I think!

So that's the end of my lovely little collection. I quite enjoyed writing about my lipsticks, of course I more so enjoyed getting an excuse to wear lipsticks and take a LOT of selfies! 

Let me know if there's anything you would like me to talk about in another blog post, I'm always taking suggestions!

What's your favourite lipstick at the moment?

Thanks for reading!

-Sinead

Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | snapchat: sineadclaire

3 comments:

  1. I have just bought Mehr, waiting for it to arrive!

    These shades really suit you and All Fired Up looks beautiful

    Emma xx || Her Glamourati

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! You'll love Mehr, it's a shade that I think everyone would like!

      x

      Delete
  2. Vegas Volt looks so pretty!!! MAC lipsticks are my favourite :) xx

    http://emberst0rm.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete