Sunday 5 July 2015

June Favourites



Hello everyone! Can you believe we're already halfway through the year? Feels like only yesterday we were stuck in the cold dark month of January and now here we are in July. To mark a new month I've decided to hop on the bandwagon of every other blogger out there, with a list of my June favourites. Who knows, maybe I'll do more of these in the future too!


GARNIER PURE ACTIVE BB CREAM
This month I've really gotten into wearing BB cream instead of a full face of foundation/concealer/powder due to the warm weather. I had heard so much about Garnier's BB creams so I decided to buy it and try it out. Needless to say, I was impressed. There's a lovely fruity smell off it and the coverage is good when you're not bothered about throwing on a pile of makeup! It includes SPF15 which is always necessary during the summer months. According to the packaging, the BB cream hydrates, evens skin tone, mattifies, covers redness and is anti-blackheads. Although I think this BB cream is great, it doesn't seem that good for mattifying as my face always feels quite shiny after using it. On the other hand, it covers my very red cheeks very well so I can forgive the shine. I will definitely be purchasing this BB cream again!

MAC MEHR LIPSTICK
I've already raved about this lipstick in my last post here but I feel like I should mention it in here, it deserves a place in my favourites! I find myself reaching for this colour now whenever I want to throw on a bit of colour on my lips and why not? If I'm completely honest, it makes me feel a bit like a Kardashian whenever I wear it, and really, who doesn't want to feel as fabulous as a Kardashian sometimes? This lipstick is the matte formula, which is my favourite formula because of the staying power of it. It's a gorgeous dark, dirty pink (as I described in the last post) and it's so versatile, I feel like it could be worn with a casual every day outfit or an outfit for a night on the town. I would recommend this lipstick to any avid Mac fan.

YES PLEASE BY AMY POEHLER
I used to be an avid reader back before technology took my life a few years ago. Now, not so much. Hell, it takes a lot of effort for me to even read a few pages of one book due to my short attention span. I'm lucky if I even read one book a year now. Sad, but sometimes the truth hurts. Amy Poehler's book however, is a breath of fresh air to my collection of unread books. You may know Amy Poehler from Parks and Recreation (if not, you must give that show a try. Perfect comedy.) or as Regina's "Cool Mom" in Mean Girls. If you like her, no doubt you'll like Yes Please! I purchased the book in my local book shop at Christmas and unfortunately I hadn't had the time at all to read it until now. But I am loving it! It's an autobiography that offers life tips too, on basically every topic you could imagine. It also features lots of little stories from Amy's days at Saturday Night Live with every comedian you could think of, and a lot of backstage pictures. I haven't finished it yet but I'm sure once I do, I'll be wanting a sequel. (Already do!)

ARGAN OIL HYDRATING HAIR MASK INTENSIVE CONDITIONING TREATMENT
It's no secret that I get my hair highlighted, and with highlighted hair comes great responsibility. (My Marvel fangirling is coming through.. Oops!) My hair gets very dry at the ends due to the highlights and this Argan Oil product has been a life saver! I picked it up in a pound shop in Enniskillen for not even £3, what an absolute steal! The idea of this product is to apply it to all of your hair after shampooing and towel drying and leaving it in for 7-10 minutes, then to wash it out and condition as usual. Because it takes so long I usually do it once a week and my hair feels and looks healthy and fabulous! And at £3 you can't go wrong.

UNBREAKABLE SMILE BY TORI KELLY
Tori Kelly's debut album has been on constant repeat on my phone since it was released. Haven't heard of Tori Kelly? Think of a more relaxed version of an Ariana Grande album and that's Tori down to a tee. Since her album isn't out in Ireland on iTunes or Spotify I have to make do with listening to her songs on Youtube! My favourites on the album are Nobody Love, Expensive, and I Was Made For Loving You which is a duet with Ed Sheeran. Have I sold this album for you yet? I'm expecting big things from this girl in the future, she's got more talent in her pinky than some of the singers on the charts lately! Unbreakable Smile is a wonderful pop album, perfect for the summer and I will definitely be purchasing this album when it comes out!

AUSSIE 3 MINUTE MIRACLE COLOUR DEEP TREATMENT
Like I mentioned before with the Argan Oil, my hair gets very dry with my highlights. I bought the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Colour Deep Treatment as a recommendation from my hairdresser to help my dry ends and boy, was it an investment! As a student on a budget, I would rarely splurge on expensive products for my hair but this was really worth it! I purchased this along with the Aussie Colour Mate shampoo and conditioner as there was a 3 for 2 offer in Boots and I couldn't resist. It really smells like peach and there are times when I nearly want to taste it just to see if it tastes like peach too. Haha, just kidding, I'm not that bad! The information on the bottle recommends you apply it to shampooed hair for three minutes. I like to use it after the Colour Mate shampoo and usually I don't use conditioner after I've used the 3 minute miracle treatment. I'm obsessed with this, it makes my hair feel so soft and light!

HONOURABLE MENTION: BIG BROTHER
I don't think anyone would have expected Big Brother to feature on a monthly favourites list, but here we go! Big Brother has been a part of my summers for as long as I can remember, I grew up with it with my sisters being obsessed with it too. And this year is no exception. It's on tv every night and I don't know what I'm going to do when it ends in two weeks! (dreading July 16th so much) Chloe to win!

That's the end of my June favourites, let me know if you enjoyed reading and if I should do another monthly favourites too!

What have you been loving in June?

Thanks for reading!

-Sinead

Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Pinterest | snapchat: sineadclaire

1 comment:

  1. I'm the same when it comes to reading! I used to read all the time (before I knew what the internet was) but now I have to force myself to read!
    Great post BTW!

    ReplyDelete